Pages

Monday, 15 August 2011

Excuse me a moment while I wiggle my nose.

I've just had a phone call from my youngest daughter. She lives with her Dad and he's not exactly what one would describe as 'friendly', so communication with the kids is usually of the on-line variety. Its just easier for them that way. Phone calls are rare and usually means she wants something. This was confirmed when her opening words were

"MUUUUUUUUUUMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE. You do know I love you muchly don't you?"

I know from experience that openers like that are usually followed by requests for money ranging from £5 for new mascara to almost £100 for a festival ticket. What ever it is, its always an "I'll simply die without it" item.

This time, as much as I'd have liked to help, it was out of the question and I really didn't think that being unable to have, instantly, that little pair of shorts she's so desperate for was likely to prove life threatening. I'm a cruel mother aren't I? I explained that with Christmas looming on the horizon, numerous birthdays both before, during and after the dreaded festive period, two new grandchildren well on the way, not to mention all the usual bills there really wasn't anything spare at the moment. She may have the luxury of living for the moment but I have to plan ahead!

'But, but You're A Witch!' she cried as though that solved everything.

Oh Yes! Silly me. I'll just wiggle my nose like Samantha and the shorts will magically materialise in the perfect size. While I'm at it I'll wave my magic wand and get her some extra pairs in a range of colours. Throw in a bit of fairy dust for good measure and Cinderella shall go to the ball!  While I'm at it I'll fix the cooker, dig out the new pond, paint the hall and lay that new stair carpet I can't afford yet. All with one little wiggle.

Oh yes, a witch's life is an easy one.




No comments:

Post a Comment