Pages

Sunday, 9 October 2011

You know you're getting old when you get wrinkle cream for your birthday!

Today's my birthday. I've just spoken to my youngest daughter and told her what a lovely, quiet, lazy day I'm having. When she stopped laughing she informed me that birthdays are not supposed to be quiet. She says the should be noisy, raucous, and wild. Then she asked me what presents I'd got. Cue more laughter.

So I'm having a quiet birthday. I got wrinkle cream from my mother. What's wrong with that?

I could have told her tales of birthdays from my youth and maybe she would have been impressed. Then again, maybe she'd have disowned me. I had a lot of fun, back in the day! But quite frankly I just haven't got the energy to paaaaartaaaaay anymore. And that's fine.

These days I prefer a bit of peace and quiet. I'd rather go for a walk on the beach than shop till I drop. I'd rather have a romantic meal with my husband than dance the night away. I'd rather spend time with the people I love. That may seem boring to my daughter. It may make me 'officially old', (yes she really said that!) but I don't care.

I'm very patient. I can bide my time. I know that one day she will understand. That will be the year I buy her wrinkle cream for her birthday.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! The idea of a nice, quiet celebration sounds lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete